Engineering Optimization and Advancement in the Burgeoning Subscription Billing Industry
Digital Engineering Transformation
Founded in 2008 and based in Austin, Texas, Gotransverse provides cloud-based software that enables companies to operate a subscription business model, including usage-based pricing and monetization at a massive scale. Gotransverse offers an intelligent billing and subscription management platform that automates the subscription order-to-cash process, including billing, rating, collections, mediation, analytics, and revenue recognition.
Gotransverse solves a mission-critical problem for its customers. Gotransverse is a cutting-edge software company with industry-wide recognition as the most innovative and technologically advanced suite of products in its market. The products process massive amounts of data 24×7 to support each customer’s full spectrum of low to huge billing transaction volumes. In 13 years of operation, Gotransverse has grown to support customers worldwide, in very complex technical environments, with strong year-over-year growth in revenue.
A cutting-edge technology company can face many technology strategy planning, organizational structure, and process optimization decisions. For Gotransverse, it is critical to consistently deliver product releases and contractual deliverables with high predictability and customer satisfaction. To achieve this, it wanted to transform its focus into market and demand-driven while satisfying existing customer demands while providing utility-level stability. Gotransverse was in the initial planning phases for these initiatives and required advisory assistance and third-party validation to implement the necessary changes.
SOLUTION AND IMPACT
After the four months, FifthVantage assisted GoTransverse in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of their software planning and development practices by introducing:
- Best practices for strategic technology plan implementation, guiding how to balance feature demand with resolving technical debt while translating the choices to milestones
- Guidance to engineering and QA leaders on how to develop a plan to improve the effectiveness, quality, and velocity of engineering and QA
- A strategy to optimize the engineering and product organization structure – roles / proper ratios/number of people and skills
- Guidance to improve engineering estimation and cost/benefit capabilities across to aid in product vs. feature vs. improvement decision making
- Recommendations on test strategy, planning, and tactics to improve automation, the breadth, and depth of testing
As a result of these efforts, Gotransverse has experienced the following benefits:
- Implementation of revised processes across the Product Team.
- Increased engagement of the Product Team with other parts of the organization.
- New Roadmap format has been well received by customers, prospects, and partners.
- Enhanced transparency with the company’s Board of Directors.
Transform Your Business Today
FifthVantage will compound your existing technology capabilities with upgraded digital skills and help you achieve accelerated innovation and growth.